College Access Resources
College Access & Success Symposium
More than 150 local counselors, college access organizations, higher education institutions and community-based organizations joined TGR Foundation at the College Access & Success Symposium on October 24, 2019. The Symposium convened cross-sector stakeholders working together toward the common goal of ensuring students are able to enroll and persist in college.
The event included parent and student voices on the success of college access and completion support services, as well as 15 workshops on topics ranging from developing access to STEM education, understanding and supporting first generation students to preparing students and counselors for the transition from high school to college and career. Download slides from most of the workshops below.
Workshop Slides and Resources
Click on the links below to download the PDF document of each resource to your computer.
- A Case Study on Highly Selective Admissions
- Attending College in the Rural Midwest
- Creating Access to STEM Education through Convergent Problem Solving
- From Stress to Success: Finding the Perfect College and How to Pay for It!!!
- Helping Students Successfully Apply to Small Liberal Arts Colleges
- How College Decisions are Made
- If Identities Could Talk: Understanding and Helping First-Generation Students
- Providing Context: UC Personal Insight Questions
- Scholarship Case Study: Empowering Students to Stand Out
- The First Gen Student’s First Year: Case Studies in Success
- Why Community College