preparing youth for a brighter future
TGR Foundation works to close the opportunity gap for students from under-resourced communities. Together we are empowering students to pursue their passions through education, providing the support and resources needed to prepare for higher education and the workforce.
Learn more on how you can join the movement to help students thrive in school and life.
The opportunity gap is one of the widest-reaching issues in our society today. It is the way factors uncontrollable by an individual can contribute to lower rates of success in educational achievement, career prospects and other life aspirations.
Students from under-resourced communities are often left behind without access to quality education and opportunities for college and careers.
Our work is built on the vision of our founder, Tiger Woods, for a world where opportunity is universal and potential is limitless. We are committed to providing opportunities for students through education. But there is more work to do.
Closing the Gap
We are expanding and enhancing our programming to provide students with the resources and support needed to discover their interests, enhance their knowledge and gain transferable skills that align with their career interests.
As we look to a rapidly changing world and economy, we are working to provide our students with a plan for post-secondary success through;
- STEM education at the TGR Learning Lab
- College access resources
- Career readiness programming
- Activity-based professional experiences
TGR LEARNING LAB
The TGR Learning Lab combines modern technology, inspiring learning spaces and innovative year-round programming to provide students access to enhance their education and gain real-world experiences.
- Immersive STEM experiences for upper elementary school students and their teachers
- After-school and summer classes and workshops for middle and high school students
- Each class is taught using in an engaging hands-on project based format
- College access and career exploration is integrated into all classes
- The subjects covered are aligned with modern careers including cyber security, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, podcasting, drone technology and more
TGR Foundation provides high-school and college-age students with workshops, resources and access to a robust scholarship program to help navigate their journey through college and into their career.
- Multi-lingual workshops for students and their families on applying to college and financial aid
- Recruitment events and panels with university representatives
- College Bound Academy, an intensive college prep camp serving rising 11th & 12th graders
- The Earl Woods Scholar Program serves college students from under-resourced communities through ongoing support, mentoring, internships and career preparation programming
Through year-round career preparation programming, students are given the tools and resources to make informed decisions about their high school studies and develop a post-secondary plan.
- Experiential interests and aptitude assessments
- Workshops to build essential skills such as problem solving, communication and professionalism
- Advisor-led training to prep for the workforce such as resume drafting and mock interviewing
10th – 12th grade students receive immersive real-world learning experiences aligned with their career interests to help them achieve their post-secondary plans and become agents of change in their community.
- Industry panels, skills training and pre-internship support with industry professionals
- Activity-based team projects outside the classroom centered on in-demand industries in alliance with our marquee partners
- Internship placement, job shadow days and access to certificate programs
Our impact is possible because of the support of our community. We work together with our donors, partners and volunteers to provide students real-world skills and experiences.
join the movement
Learn more about ways you can help students prepare for their future and achieve their dreams.
For all immediate partnership inquiries please contact Elizabeth Hopkins at [email protected].
TIGER WOODS RETURNS TO THE PGA TOUR, BUT HE NEVER LEAVES THOSE INVOLVED IN THE TGR FOUNDATION
Tiger Woods returns to the Riviera Country Club this week but to countless others, he's never been absent.
"Over the years he's been through a lot, but he's always been there for the TGR Foundation,'' said Kenya Beckmann of Providence Health, one of Woods' charity corporate partners.
Teeing Up Healthcare Access in OC
Providence & TGR Foundation Partner to provide healh and wellness resources in OC.
TGR Foundation continues to change students' lives
Alumnus of the TGR Foundation Andres Cuamani joins Golf Today to discuss the impact the foundation has had on his life.
TIGER WOODS, TGR FOUNDATION RENOVATES AND RELAUNCHES LEARNING LAB
When it comes to philanthropy and aiding others, one of the most common themes is helping children create a better life for themselves. That’s exactly the mentality the TGR Foundation, the philanthropic group headed by world-famous golfer Tiger Woods, carries with it in all of its ventures.
Mike McKee Keeps TGR Foundation up to Par
Chairman of the Board, Mike McKee, is featured in the September 6-12 edition of the OC Business Journal.
On the Right Path
TGR Foundation and Find Your Grind partner to help students identify their passions, skills and possible careers that can lead them down the road to success.
TIGER WOODS’ CHARITY TEAMS WITH FIND YOUR GRIND
TGR Foundation, a Tiger Woods charity, has teamed up with Find Your Grind Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Los Angeles-based self-discovery and career exploration platform, Find Your Grind. The multi-year partnership brings together two organizations with a shared mission to help young people discover who they are, identify their strengths and interests, and offer multiple pathways to personal and professional success.